Back to news
We are currently recruiting three new resident Board members who will play a key role on the most senior governing body of East Kent Housing.
Are you passionate about representing residents in your area?
Do you have the skills and commitment to help us continue to offer quality housing services?
If yes then we would love to hear from you!
Who are we looking for?
East Kent Housing is a company limited by guarantee, owned jointly by four councils, and we are looking for tenants from Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, and Canterbury to join our Resident Board member who represents residents in Thanet.
What does the East Kent Housing Board do?
Our Board comprises four council nominees, four resident representatives and four independent members. The Board sets the strategic direction of the organisation, and monitors performance and progress in delivering the commitments to the councils and tenants. The Board is responsible for ensuring that the organisation is well run and has the appropriate controls and management systems in place.
What are Board members expected to do?
- Attend Board meetings having done the appropriate preparation (reading agenda papers)
- Participate in and contribute to discussions and decisions at Board meetings
- Participate as required in Sub-Committees of the Board
- Represent the Board on local groups and Residents’ Panel as required
- Take steps to become familiar with the organisation and its activities
- Participate in training provided for Board members
- Declare any interests that might conflict or be seen to conflict with decisions of the organisation
- Attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Attend and participate in meetings to review individual performance
- Respect confidentially of information
You are invited to our Information Evening
If you're interested, why not come along to our Resident Board Member Information Evening on Wednesday 15 May 2019 from 6pm to 8pm to find out what the role includes and the support that successful applicants are given. To book your place please email email@example.com or call 01227 868 530.
More information and how to apply
Download our Resident Board Member Information Pack and Resident Board Member Application Form or call 01227 868 530 to request copies:
Complete and return your application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Resident Board Member Applications
East Kent Housing
The application deadline is midnight on Friday 17 May 2019.
Back to news