Shepway Independent Living Forum
The forum is a great way to meet other tenants and to keep up to date with that's going on in sheltered housing.
Who can attend meetings?
Residents who live in each of our schemes are welcome to come along to a meeting.
Where are the meetings held?
Meetings are held in schemes across the district and usually last around 2 hours. Refreshments are provided and transport can be arranged if needed.
How can I get involved?
If you'd like to come to a meeting please speak to your scheme manager or compete out online application form.
Terms of Reference:
Name: the group will be called the Shepway Independent Living Forum.
The Independent Living Forum will work to promote the best interests of those living in sheltered housing managed by East Kent Housing on behalf of Shepway District Council by:
- Working to improve living conditions for those living in East Kent Housing's sheltered housing schemes
- Working with East Kent Housing to ensure that funds allocated for sheltered housing are spent in the most effective and beneficial way
- Giving sheltered housing residents the opportunity to raise concerns with relevant East Kent Housing staff
- Encouraging joint working between schemes to provide events and activities for residents
Who can attend?
- Each sheltered scheme can nominate two representatives to attend the Sheltered Housing Forum; these can change from meeting to meeting.
- Staff will attend meetings to facilitate the debate, to take minutes and to answer any questions that residents may have, but they will not have a vote.
A chair and vice chair will be appointed annually subject to votes cast by residents attending the meeting.
Meetings will be held quarterly. East Kent Housing will arrange venues and transport (where required) to and from meetings.
Minutes of meetings will be posted on the notice boards of schemes no later than two weeks after each meeting has taken place, copies of minutes will also be sent by post to all forum members.